Tuesday, December 11, 2012


December 11, 2012
Today was the first full day back in Haiti. It is so good to be back. So great to be here with so many people I love.  It is an honor to bring my mom, my step-dad, and good friends here to experience this place that I love for the first time.
 
Today we went into Citi Sole to deliver water to the people of Citi Sole. As we stopped at the stops we discovered many of them already had water. This is a great problem because it means the government is taking care of the people and filling the need of brining clean water. It brings me great joy to see the country improving and filling the needs of the Haitian people. Before we left stop seventeen we took a walk out on the peer. Wilson led the kids in song as we stood by the ocean surrounded in garbage and human waste and yet the sight was so beautiful. Seeing Wilson come alive with the kids of Citi Sole brought so much joy to my heart. When he started with Healing Haiti he seemed so shy and now he is joking a laughing with the team and the kids in Citi Sole.

After 2 water stops the guys decided the people already had water and we should be done for the day. We went back to the guesthouse to shower and then went to Gertrudes. Seeing the team at Gertrudes was amazing, I was so impressed that everyone seemed to come alive caring for these children with special needs. I saw so much love in each of their eyes as he cuddled, tickled, and played with the kids.
Seeing my step-dad lying on the tile floor with a little boy that had been found in a garbage dump, stroking each others face and humming. They both had the most peaceful look on their face. Seeing them connect was truly beautiful. I can only imagine what that little boy has been through and the fact that he was able to emotionally connect seems truly amazing to me. 

God continues to amaze me with all he teaches me here in Haiti. 
Thank you for all your prayers and support
 Love Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment